16 January 2020

MY TOP 10 MAKE-UP PRODUCTS 2019

For me 2019 was a busy year for make-up, so much so, that I've decided to 
increase my annual Top 5 to a Top 10 Make-Up Products post.
Despite having a mixed bag of brands, products and price points I highly recommend
all of these items below.
As always the Pink Links will take you to the full reviews

~~~~~

Let's start with foundations, as that seems like a good place to begin, I
 discovered one at the beginning of the year and one towards the end.


L'ORÉAL 
INFAILLIBLE 24H FRESH WEAR
 FOUNDATION


L'Oréal have been a favourite of mine for foundations for many years and several 
have been featured on my Top lists in previous years.
This was a foundation that I bought in error, but it turned out to be a very good error.
L'Oréal just don't create any bad foundations and if it's a new affordable foundation you're looking for then look no further than the L'Oréal isle in the drugstore.
It offers a long wearing, full coverage, dewy, hydrated and fresh finish and has been
my go to on most days.





GIORGIO ARMANI
 LUMINOUS SILK FOUNDATION


 What started out as using a free 7 Day free sample of the led to me saying that I personally wouldn't pay R800 for a foundation eventually 
resulted in a purchase with a less 25% from one of the overseas online beauty sites.

The formula offers an extremely comfortable long wearing, 
weightless and luminous natural finish to the skin.
It honestly feels like silk on the skin and I couldn't fault it other than on price.
I also found that once my 7 day sample had finished I missed not having this 
foundation in my make-up routine, hence the purchase.




~~~~~


There were two drugstore lipsticks that impressed me during 2019 and they have both been a constant throughout the year.


SORBET 
GET LIPPY 
MOISTURISING LIP COLOUR




This was a rather a surprise, as I had previously tried a foundation
from Sorbet which I included on my Top 3 Disappointing Products 2018 list.
However this just goes to show how one disappointing product from a brand,
thankfully doesn't make the whole brand disappointing.
GET LIPPY is a beautiful, easy to wear, natural looking soft pink and it's one of those shades that will always find a place in my Lipstick wardrobe.
 It glides over the lips and considering it's moisturising and nourishing formula its surprisingly long wearing.






L'ORÉAL
LES CHOCOLATS
ULTRA MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK



Les Chocolates Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick has a melt-proof formula so you can
 forget your lip colour smudging or budging, for up to 12 hours,
 as once its on its going no where
The lightweight lip colour formula is comfortable to wear and doesn’t crack, crumble or flake. It really does stay on all day, it doesn't smudge, transfer or bleed and most importantly doesn't dry out your lips and best of all it's Chocolate scented...






~~~~~


It wouldn't be a very good Top 10 list if i didn't include a mascara or two and these
both impressed me in 2019 and have both been repurchased


BENEFIT
BADGAL BANG
MASCARA



This has been my fave mascara of 2019
What I can confidently say about the BAD gal BANG! mascara is the following:
It can be layered easily
It creates Volume, Lift and Length
 Its smudge-proof
Water-resistant and flake-free
and I just love it...





CLARINS
WONDER PERFECT
4D MASCARA
This really is a do-it-all, all-in-one mascara that curls, defines, lengthens and volumizes for that bold wide-eyed look, hence the 4D name.
After the first coat of mascara I was hooked, its buildable, doesn't flake or smudge
however being a moist/wet kinda mascara and considering the curl and length it gives I did need to do a little cleaning up afterwards but it's worth it for the overall look and finish.





~~~~~



Urban Decay remained one of my favourite brands throughout 2019 and three
products have made it onto my list and surprisingly one is a brow
product.


URBAN DECAY
BROW ENDOWED
Not being a huge brow person this was a quite an brow raising purchase
for me in 2019.
Brow Endowed is a double-ended tool that volumizes and sets brows in two easy steps:
 A primer fluffs and holds, while a tinted cream fills and shapes. 
The excellent long-lasting formula resists sweat and smudging for up to 24 hours.
It's surprisingly easy to use an I was amazed at how fluffier, fuller, tinted brows miraculously appeared.




URBAN DECAY
NAKED RELOADED
EYESHADOW PALETTE




If you're looking for a collection of flattering shades that will cover all your essential  nude/neutral/brown requirements plus a little extra, then this is the ultimate palette to have in your eyeshadow collection.
The selection includes soft mattes, satins, metallics and a little sparkly glitter is thrown in for good measure...





URBAN DECAY
ALL NIGHTER
MAKE-UP SETTING SPRAY
I was slightly sceptical of this make-up setting spray, as everyone was raving about it
and that makes me slightly nervous and all I can say is that it DID live up to all the hype, praise and awards bestowed on it.
There was no transfer, no fading, no settling into the lines and more importantly for me no melting, your make-up stays in place literally all day and all night if needed.
I soon learnt that this is one of those products that you didn't know you needed until you've tried it and I'm hooked.



~~~~~


Last but not least here is my final product for this 2019 list
and I've included an Illuminizing pen for a special reason.


BIONIKE
DEFENCE COLOR 
LUMINIZER


The product has a fluid texture and is easy to apply with the click of the pen.
Having tried many similar products over many years
I wasn't prepared for the great concealing effect that it had on
the blue area towards the inner corner of my under eye.
(The blueness is always there, as its the capillaries that can be seen under the 
skin due to that areas skin covering being very thin) 
and I'm sure many of you can relate to this blue tinge and whilst it didn't cover 100%
(that's a very difficult ask from any product)
 it did an excellent job on me and that's why its been included in my list of Top 10 Make-Up Products 2019




~~~~~

I hope you have enjoyed reading what make-up products impressed me during 2019 and have led to several re-purchases in many cases.
I have also posted my other Top Lists




Let me know in the comments below if you agree or disagree with any of my choices
 for 2019.





No comments:

Post a Comment