14 January 2013

TINTED MOISTURIZER {REVIEWS}

Several weeks ago I decided to embark on a quest to find a good tinted moisturizer,but little did I know at the time that this would be no easy task and I must admit that it has taken me a lot longer to come to my decision than I thought it would!
What could be so difficult,you may well ask...to find a moisturizer with a tint in? This very same question is what I originally asked myself...I soon realised that tinted moisturizers are no longer what their name suggests,as they now offer so much more. Gone are the days of the moisturizer with the tint in....its now Hello! to the SPF's, moisture boosters, radiance enhancers and luminescent moisturizers with colour pigments in varying degrees.

As I soon found out, tinted moisturizers can range from literally being a moisturizer with a tint added to verging on being a light to medium coverage foundation! Many people are unsure as to whether you should still apply your normal daytime moisturizer underneath or not....my advice is to try both ways i.e.with and without, to see which feels more comfortable. A younger skin or a combination skin most probably won't need any extra moisture, but a more mature dryer skin will most likely need, as I found with all of the above tried.

A tinted moisturizer is perfect for someone who doesn't really like to wear a heavier foundation or any make-up at all, yet they would still like a "light" natural coverage product to just even out the tone of their skin. Also it's a good alternative to apply just on the weekends or on holiday...this is the user category that I fall into...

Armed with my "stash" of products off I went to Cape Town for 10 days,a perfect time to "test" or so I thought,but again I soon realised that this whole process would take much longer than that, simply because I wanted to try each product several times and not just the once or twice.I really wanted to give each product a fair trail, but at the end of the day I can only guide and advise you which ones I enjoyed from a professional perspective.
I tested all of the below both as a normal tinted moisturizer with no make-up and then I tried in conjunction with using my concealer,blusher,eye pencil,mascara,eye make-up and lipstick. The reason I tested both options is that many people look to wear a tinted moisturizer in place of a foundation or base before make-up application and I wanted to see how each product coped.


I tried and tested tinted moisturizers from the following reputable houses, but there are many more out there and hopefully I will get around to reviewing some of them:

Clarins
Sisley
Elizabeth Arden
Givenchy


Clarins HydraQuench
Tinted Moisturizer
SPF 6

Sisley Tinted Moisturizer
with Botanical Extracts



Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish
Tinted Moisturizer
SPF15


Givenchy Hydra Sparkling
Tinted Luminescence
Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 PA++

The first review will be posted tomorrow ,so sorry guys you will need to wait until then to see what I thought of the Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment