21 January 2013

ELIZABETH ARDEN PURE FINISH TINTED MOISTURIZER SPF 15 {REVIEW}




My quest for a tinted moisturizer continues and my third review is on Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15.
I must be honest I really didn't like the look of this one as I squeezed it out of the tube...it looked "gloppy" and thick! The colour Medium also looked very dark...then there was the smell, not too dissimilar from some of the "self tan" products.


Product Claims & Active Ingredients:

Brightens and even out your skin tone. 
This hint of sheer, natural colour instantly transforms and perfects skin's appearance with a fresh, luminous glow.

Microlight Minerals –Naturally derived mineral pigments incorporate Mineral Mica, an optical diffuser, softening the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

Antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E : Moisturise and provide antioxidant protection.
Squalane: Botanically derived from olives, brings back the natural feel of skin's own moisture.
Jojoba Esters: Derived from the desert plant, acts as a barrier for water loss, keeping moisture in the skin.
Sodium Hyaluronate: A powerful moisturiser for the skin.
Oil free, talc free and fragrance free.


Application & Texture:


I retract my opening words..lol.. as the texture of the moisturizer was far from what I first thought.It was not "gloopy" or thick, but I found it to be light and almost had a "whipped" like feel and texture to it.
It glided on very easily, however it needed a little care with the blending in order to avoid any faint streaking. The initial smell disappeared within seconds of application,which I was happy about!


Coverage:

In my opinion this falls into the category of light to medium coverage, despite Elizabeth Ardens claim of being "sheer with a hint of colour". Perhaps if you compare this product to some of their foundation products, especially the Flawless Finish, this description would be accurate! Whether I used alone or used as a base, both ways worked well for me. I found the moisturizing aspect to be perfect for and I didn't need to use any moisturizer underneath. This could be a contender..
for me "ditching" my foundation forever...and this is quite a decision for me..

Shades:

4 shades Light,Fair,Medium and Deep.Medium was a great shade for me now in summer, but I would move to a lighter shade for winter.


Medium


Size:
50ml

Price:
R235

Overall Impression:

EA claim that this tinted moisturizer will brighten the complexion and I agree 100%, as my skin took on a "highlighted, radiant glow" thanks to the optical diffusers of mineral pigments, particularly the Mineral Mica. I noticed this more, when I used alone as a tinted moisturizer on the weekends.I often use products that contain light diffusers, as these help to reflect the light back, rather than absorb it and in turn your lines look softer, your skin appears more radiant and luminous....
I also found that this product to be lightweight on my skin, yet provided enough moisture throughout the day.The added bonus is the SPF 15 and the price of R235 is great if you consider it could be your Anti Ageing moisturizer, sunblock and foundation all in one. The Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 proved to be very versatile indeed and I enjoyed testing.

My next review will be on the Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Tinted Moisturizer...




No comments:

Post a Comment