9 January 2020

MY TOP 3 MOST DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS {2019}

It's that time of the year again where I write a series of posts to let you know which beauty
 products have impressed me the most during the previous year and this
year is no exception, as it will be my 5th year of compiling "My Top" product posts.


This year I'm kicking off this series of posts with my 
My Top 3 Most Disappointing Products 2019
In previous years I have titled this post 
My Top 5 Most Disliked Beauty Products
However for 2019 I have made a couple of changes to the name of the list from 
Disliked to Disappointing,
 as I feel this is a more appropriate title for 3 products that
I can't say I hugely disliked, but they just disappointed me greatly for 
one reason or another.
Luckily I only have 3 for the past year, which hopefully has a bearing on the fact that I
do much research on a product before purchasing, however not all products were
purchased by myself, as one was gifted by the brand.
(As always I'm 100% honest with my reviews irrespective of whether it was gifted or not)

Now I understand that I may have listed some of your absolute "Faves" below
but these sadly disappointed me the greatest.
I advise that you read my original reviews to find out more details, as to why a
 particular product and I didn't gel, by clicking on the pink links below.

I will also add links at the foot of this post, so you can visit "My Top Disliked" 
posts for previous years..


1.

AVÉNE 
PhysioLift
Eyes


I have been singing the praises of this French skincare brand Avéne since starting 
my blog back in 2012, and still do.
I often get e.mails asking for skincare advice and in 9 out of 10 instances Avéne
products will be recommended.
Several Avéne products have been included in many of my "Top Skincare Products" 
posts over the years, but sadly this one is appearing on the wrong list this year.

I found the packaging of this product problematic, or so I thought and the product itself
to be rather underwhelming, especially after I had raved about its face counterpart
Avéne PhysioLift Precision Wrinkle Filler. 
I also wrote a follow-up post re this product to explain several things.







2.

Aēsop
Post Poo Drops



This product, despite not being a beauty product in the true sense, had been on my radar for some time, due to there being so much hype around 
a product that had been formulated to disguise the smell of POO!
Yes... 
Post Poo Drops are a thing and the Australian brand Aesop made it a "thing"
as I've never heard of any other brand that manufacture or markets such a product.
I was suckered in and decide to spend £20 and I must add that its the worst £20 
that I've ever spent.
Again some people rave about them, and they do have some novelty value as a gift,
but for me a bottle of essential oil at the side of the loo could achieve 
the same result at a fraction of the price.




 3.

L'ORÉAL
INFAILLIBLE
MORE THAN CONCEALER


I do love a good concealer and its a product where I have tried many 
over the years and like mascaras I'm always on the lookout for the next best one.
I adore L'Oréal's Infaillable Foundation To read my full review from the same collection,
 so why wouldn't I enjoy the concealer of the same name?
Unfortunately it doesn't always mean that you will also like, as I found out with this one.
I eventually found the sponge applicator too cumbersome, the formula was thick, it creased under the eye and it simply just didn't do it for me, so much so, I haven't even finished the product, its just been abandoned.

I recently wrote a post on my Top 3 Concealers if you would like to know 
which I rate the best then give it a read.


Let me know in the comments below if you agree or disagree with any of my choices 
this year, as I would love to hear.







No comments:

Post a Comment